Is this where I board the Cruise boats?
- No, Public Cruises board at Independence Point, two blocks west of Boardwalk.
What is included in the boat rental?
- All boats come with Coast Guard approved over the shoulder lifejackets as well as additional life vests for smaller children, map of the lake and all other required safety equipment.
How does the gas situation in the rentals work?
- When you depart from the dock you’ll have a full tank of gas. Upon your return, we’ll top off the gas tank and add that to your overall rental total.
Can we rent a tube?
- Yes, tubes are available as an add on to any rental boat (yes, even pontoons!). We do only allow our rental tubes to be towed behind our rental boats.
Are we allowed to bring food on the boat?
- Yes, we allow food on any of our rentals. You can bring your own or we have snacks in the Boardwalk Store.
Can we water ski or wakeboard behind the boat?
- No, we do not rent or allow any water skiing or wake surfing behind our rentals.
Are we required to have a boater’s license to rent?
- No, you are only required to have a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age.
Do you allow pets on the boats?
- Yes, pets are allowed on any of our rentals. We do require an additional pet fee of $30 if you’re planning to bring your furry friend with.
Do you allow fishing on your boats?
- No, we DO NOT allow any fishing from any of our boats. If you bring fishing gear with you, we will confiscate it before you board the boat and return it at the end of your rental.
Do you allow smoking on the boat?
- No, smoking is not allowed on any of our rentals.
Are we allowed to drink on the boat?
- Sure, the only person who can’t drink is the one driving the boat.
Is there a cooler on the boat?
- Sportboats have a built in cooler, we offer coolers to borrow for pontoon boats, based on availability.
Who is responsible for damage to the rental?
- You, as the renter, are fully responsible for any damages occurring during your rental time.
Does the boat come with a driver?
- No, we do not offer captained rentals, you’ll have to come prepared with someone to drive for you.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Rentals canceled with more than 72 hour notice will incur no charge. Cancellations between 72-48 hours will be a $100 fee. A $200 fee will be charged for cancellations within 48-24 hours of the rental. Less than 24 hour, same day cancellation, or a no show will result in the full rental price charged. No exceptions.
Where are we supposed to park?
- Since we are located on the water, we do not have a specific parking area associated with Resort Boat Rentals. Your options include: Diamond Parking on 3rd and Front - $2.50 an hour; the closest to Boardwalk at about a five minute walking time to the store. City Hall Parking at 801 E Bancroft Ave - Free; only about a 10 minute walk to Boardwalk through McEuen Park. On Sundays ONLY parking along Front Avenue is free all day if you can find a space.
Where do we pick up our rental?
- We are located on the floating Boardwalk behind the Resort building. Walk down the boardwalk to the copper roofed store and we’ll launch you from there.
When do I need to arrive for my rental?
- We always ask that you arrive about 15 minutes prior to your rental time. This gives us time to go through a contract and explain boat operations and get you sent out on time.
Can we rent jet skis?
- No, we only rent boats.
What happens if the weather is bad?
- Unfortunately, weather is one thing we have no control over. If on the day of your rental we deem the conditions unsafe we will not send you out and either cancel your rental or do our best to reschedule it. If the weather is not deemed unsafe we suggest coming prepared for either cold or rain and make the best of your time on the lake.
Why is my rental price so much higher than the hourly rate?
- We use a system called dynamic pricing. This means that during high demand times when a majority of our rentals have been rented the remaining increase in price. Weekends, holidays, and summer will see higher prices.
Do you offer a military discount?
- Yes! 10% for active duty military and their family with valid ID.